Horizontal directional drilling (HDD) is the optimum technology for utility lines construction without massive excavation. HDD enables quick installation of the needed communication lines in any type of soil thus reducing duration and cost of the works.
Key advantages of HDD:
- Possibility of trenchless construction and maintenance of underground communication lines in specific ground conditions, in densely built urban areas, or under roads, parks, etc.
- Less time required and reduced scope of approvals and consents to be obtained prior to construction, and significantly shorter duration of the works
- Considerably smaller demand for workforce and heavy machinery for the pipeline installation
- Lower cost of the pipeline construction, due to shorter duration of the works, smaller workforce and machinery requirements, and no need for restoration of any damaged infrastructure and vegetation
- Conservation of natural landscape, prevention of technogenic impact on vegetation and wildlife, and minimized impact on local communitie